Data publication rulesrequest info
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TV PANEL DATA PROMULGATION IN PUBLIC PUBLICATIONS
Prepared by Television Industry Committee
The goal of these recommendations is standardization of the principles TV panel data reporting. We suppose that following these recommendations allow TV Panel data users to receive correct information, relevant not only to the television market in Ukraine, but also in other countries.
- The owner of data: It is obligatory to mention Television Industrial Committee (or TIC) as an owner of the data
- TV Panel Data sourses: TV panel data sourсes must be mentioned: TV panel operator – Nielsen, monitoring – Communication Alliance. The link to a company (source), which has provided TV panel data for publication is a must.
- Final Data: by default, the final data is using (provided on the third day after the broadcasting)
- The Overnight Data: if overnight data is using, it should be marked as “On the basis of the Overnight Data”.
- Time interval: By default calculations are given for the time interval of full days from 3.00 to 3.00 (27.00).
- The rating: Rat# or rat% is using for the goal of analysis the audience of the programs. Indicator defines the average number (or percentage) of event/TV channel viewers from the total number of people which belong to the target group in each second. We recommend using this indicator to estimate the audience size of the program or any other event.
- Reach: The indicator of coverage of one event Rch# or rch% is using for the goal of analysis the number of contacts with the event. Indicator defines the average number (percentage) of people that was covered by the event; it means was in contact for at least 1 second (by default) or any other time interval. Using the indicator, the length of the contact and the type of the length (cumulative or consecutive).
- Sample by age: By default calculations are given for the Universes: individuals 4 years old and older, who are living in the households with TV sets. Please, indicate which type of the sample is using.
- Sample geography: Three types of sample are available for TV panel currently:
- Cities with population over 50 thousand inhabitants (Sample 50+)
- Settlements with population less than 50 thousand inhabitants (Sample 50-)
- The entire Ukraine
Please, indicate which type of the sample is using.
- Vocabulary of the variables: The indication of variable that were used to calculate the data is obligatory with referring to the glossary of the TV Panel
- Additional data processing: In case the data have been processed additionally in any way, please indicate this information: introducing a new variable, additional mathematical processing etc. In case, the rule of final calculation of the variables is different from the rule which is used by default in the software, it also should be indicated.
- Additional data processing: If the any special conditions have been created for the calculation (targets group, filters, audience definition), please, describe the way they were created. The information you provide with should allow any other users to get the values similar to those you present.
- The target groups that are statistically unreliable: The target groups which size are smaller than 70 individuals in the sample are statistically unreliable, that’s why the size of target groups and data unreliability should be indicated.
* TIC is the data owner. TV panel operator – Nielsen, monitoring – Communication Alliance. Data is provided by “Company”. The data is calculated for _____________________ (to list all used in the publication samples, target groups, time intervals, Overnight if its ’using ets). The data is presented by indicators ________________ (to list the indicators used in the publication). Details about indicators, please, see in glossary of TV Panel.
* TIC is the data owner. TV panel operator – Nielsen, monitoring – Communication Alliance. Data is provided by “Company”. The data is calculated for the sample: 18-54, 18-54 (50+). The data is calculated for Prime Time (18:00 – 24:00 for weekdays and 03:00 – 27:00 for weekends) for June, 2014. The data is presented by indicators Rat% and Shr%. Details about indicators, please, see in glossary of TV Panel.
In case of any additional questions about the data or principles of data publication, please contact to the department of the research of television audience: tel. 044 353 13 98.